Driving and Parking instructions: 400 Settler’s Bend, Lowry Crossing, TX (some GPS say McKinney instead of Lowry Crossing – it is the same thing)
Be aware the when you turn onto Settler’s Bend from Bridgefarmer Road, the street is quite narrow. Please use extra caution and yield to cars around you if necessary.
Veer left when Bridgefarmer meets Traildust Drive (where there is a Stop Sign from the other direction)
After veering left, the first house on your left is 400 Settler’s Bend. Look for a black mailbox in front of a yellow & white house.
Pull into the driveway and then pull up as far as you can to park – parked away from the street, leaving room for other cars.
Enter through the back gate (look for the entrance sign) and check in on the porch.
Suggested donation is $10/family or just pay what you can.
Health & Safety Guidelines & Agreements
Please read the following carefully; your digital signature accompanying your reservation confirms that you agree to comply with policies as outlined.
* The RPL Homeschool Exploratory days are 90 minute sessions for outdoor activities. **You fully understand that participation is at your own risk.**
* RPL or its associates will not be held liable for any injury, hardship or illness that may result from participation in RPL activities. You are 100% responsible for supervising your children on site.
* RPL makes every effort to create a safe outdoor play environment, but there are risks inherent in outdoor play in a nature-based setting, i.e., debris, branches, uneven ground, reactions to plants, insects, animals.
* Note that there is an active bee hive on the property, which will be pointed out to you at your arrival.
* Due to parking restrictions and managing group size, please keep your visit within the 90 minute slot unless otherwise arranged.
* If you are not able to attend, please notify us as soon as possible, so we can give your spot to another family.
* If you plan to pick up library books from the RPL Drive-Thru Library, you will submit your online book request at least 24 hours in advance.
* RPL is inclusive and welcomes all families of any race, national origin, ethnicity, religious practice, political stance, background, family configuration, physical and mental ability. As an organization we emphasize kindnes and inclusion extended to all.
* RPL reserves the right to deny participation in the event of any perceived safety, security, or health threat.
* Our health safety protocol follows the current CDC guidelines, reflecting updates as they become available. RPL staff and volunteers reserve the right to enforce, change, or modify healthy safety guidelines at any time.
* If anyone in your family has covid-19 symptoms, or has been exposed to covid-19, please do not attend until 14 days after symptoms have resolved.
* You are asked to please check the temperature of your family members prior to attending. Your compliance in this request keeps our check-in procedure hands-free and streamlined -- thank you.
* During the Homeschool Exploratory Days, all activities are held outdoors. Indoor space is provided for restrooms and first-aid.
* Anyone over age 5 needs must wear a mask when indoors.
* In the case of rain, guests will immediately return to their cars. If rain is strongly expected, the activities will be canceled and you will be notified by email.
* Masks are not required outdoors. However, we ask each family to practice social distancing while socializing and playing together. This means establishing a 6' distance between individuals as often as possible, and wearing masks if closer together.
* Each family will be given a designated table outdoors to use for craft projects and to hold their belongings. The tables, which are cleaned thoroughly in between sessions, are spaced at least 6' apart and will serve as guidance for space to establish when socializing with other families.
* Outdoor games that incorporate social distancing (i.e. ring toss, horshoes, treasure hunts, obstacle courses) will be available. You are responsible for the supervision of your family at all times. We ask that you incorporate social distancing as much as possible.
* Please bring your own hand cleaner, kleenex, water bottles/canteens, snacks, and we recommend that you bring bug spray.
* These and all other personal belongings must stay on your family's designated table, and be removed from the premises when you leave.
* To keep our check-in procedure hands-free and paperless, your digital signature below will serve as your liability release and acceptance of terms.
* There is a suggested donation is $10 per family at the door, or simply pay what you can!
Registration: Families reserve 90-minute timeslots for outdoor activities. Register using the form below is required. Space is limited and a waiting list will be taken when timeslots fill. Your timeslot is confirmed when you complete the form.