A Midsummer Night's Rock (age 4-17)
4-Week Production Camp
Read Play Love's Hit Summer Musical returns for an all-new cast and production for Summer 2019! When a bunch of mismatched kids are stuck together in a Shakespeare Class in summer, a music competition leads them on an unforgettable adventure....a colorful rockin' musical that tells a story with heart through music with soul!
- Workshops/Auditions: June 11-13 (Audition for either/both summer shows)
- Regular Rehearsals: June 18-July 3.
- Production week (evening rehearsals): July 9, 10, 11
- Performances: July 12 & 13 at Dallas Children's Theater
See full details below.
We create a role for every child participating! Auditions are held June 11-13 or by video.
Kids who have never been in an RPL musical or class are preferred to audition in person, if possible. Auditions are casual, fun and are designed to be empowering experiences! Ms Marney asks the kids to sing a song of their choice, to get a sense of their voice to help cast the show. As always, everyone who auditions gets a part!
We do our very best to accommodate busy summer schedules! Each family submits a list of schedule conflicts, which plays a role in casting into different groups. If your kids want to do both summer shows, we will work with you to create rehearsal schedules that are manageable for both kids AND parents! :-) Full schedule will be available on the first rehearsal so you can plan ahead.
Regular rehearsals are June 18-July 3, Tues, Wed, Thursday 12:00-2:00. We build the rehearsal schedule around the families participating, but most roles will rehearse 2x a week for the 3 weeks before production week. No rehearsal on July 4. Rehearsals are held at our summer location, the Dallas Elks Lodge in Lake Highlands (near Richardson.)
Production week (evening rehearsals only, starting at 5:30): July 9, 10, 11, held at Dallas Children's Theater
Friday July 12 & Saturday July 13 @ 6:30pm
Performance Location: Dallas Children's Theater (the Studio Theater), 5938 Skillman St, Dallas, TX 75231
A Midsummer Night's Rock Production Fees:
Production Fee is $129/child
Family Friendly Pricing for more than one child in show:
25% off both when 2 = $193 total for 2 children
35% off all when 3+ = $ 252 total for 3 children
Read Play Love Members: For current RPL Members in a six-month membership commitment to the RPL Community, there is a one-time production fee of $40 for 1 child, $70 for two children, with a family-friendly cap of $99 for 3 or more children. Click here for more information about RPL Membership.
* Costume costs are the responsibility of parents, but parents work together to decide and make everything as easy and most importantly, cost-effective as possible, often using shared, donated, or secondhand materials to keep costs minimum and much less expensive than other theatre production opportunities.
* A Concessions Donation of $10 is requested of all families.
To reserve your spot, simply pay the production fee on this page.
You will be sent instructions to sign up for an audition...every child participating gets cast in a part!
What's Different about Read Play Love Musicals?
* Unlike many traditional theatre programs, our primary focus is simple: building confidence & nuturing the creative self-discovery of each one of our kids!
* Even our auditions are designed to be 100% empowering, inspiring experiences where the kids feel GREAT! Plus...we create a role for every single child participating!
* We mentor kids where they are and help them shine and feel great!
* Busy schedule? No problem! We always do our best to work around the schedules of busy families.
* We produce family-friendly favorites as well as develop brand new musicals, as part of our series of "New Musicals for a New Generation!"
* RPL is the ideal place for kids to try theatre for the first time, as well as more experienced performers to stretch their wings & grow!
* Expand your experiences! Combine your child's participation in an RPL musical with other RPL classes and workshops for immersion in an experience that empowers kids through the arts and creates an inclusive culture of love!
Email us here for questions.